Parent/Guardian Recreational Sports Assumption of Risk, Waiver, and Release of Liability
In consideration of my son’s/daughter’s participation in the Beat the Streets Los Angeles Wrestling Program at the above named location (the “Wrestling Program”), and the use of the property, facilities and/or services of Beat the Streets Los Angeles and its participating or sponsoring organizations, including schools and/or after-school program providers, I agree as follows:
1. Risk Factors: I understand and acknowledge that wrestling is a strenuous contact sport that may, on occasion, cause injuries. I also understand that children with certain medical conditions could be impacted adversely by strenuous activity that increases the child's heart rate, blood pressure or breathing. I understand and agree that I am responsible for insuring that my child is physically able to participate in youth wrestling and training activities, and I accept and assume all risks of injury, whether to my child or others that may result from my child's participation in the Wrestling Program or any other Beat the Streets Los Angeles wrestling event, the use of any equipment or facilities provided or used by Beat the Streets Los Angeles and its participating or sponsoring organizations, the sport of wrestling, the acts of others or the unavailability of emergency care. I am not aware of any medical reason why my child should not participate in the Wrestling Program. I understand and agree that if I have any questions as to what skills, qualifications or training is necessary for my child to participate in the Wrestling Program, then I will direct such questions to my child's coach or the appropriate Beat the Streets Los Angeles staff member on site.
2. Use of Electronic Media: I understand and acknowledge that I am cognizant of all of the inherent dangers of my child engaging in activities that involve the use of a computer, smart phone, tablet or any other audio visual conferencing in connection with the Wrestling Program and that I will monitor my child’s activities to ensure that they are carried out safely.
3. Acknowledgment of Policies and Procedures: I understand the importance of advising and have advised my child to comply with the instructions of his or her coach and the rules and regulations for safe participation in the Wrestling Program. I understand that the safe and proper use of the facilities and equipment provided by Beat the Streets Los Angeles and its participating or sponsoring organizations, and the safe participation in the Wrestling Program by my child, is dependent upon carefully following such instructions, rules and regulations.
4. Emergency Treatment Consent: I hereby grant Beat the Streets Los Angeles and its authorized representatives permission for any and all medical and/or dental attention to be administered to my child in the event of an accidental injury or illness, until such time as I can be contacted
5. Release: I hereby forever and completely release Beat the Streets Los Angeles, its officers, directors, employees, staff, contractors and coaches, and their respective agents, insurers, heirs, successors, attorneys, corporate affiliates and predecessors, from any and all claims, disputes, causes of action, which may arise out of any participation in Beat the Streets by my child or by others in my child’s presence, or out of all acts or equipment, buildings or the grounds, or the condition thereof, used by Beat the Streets, and agree not to sue or file a claim against them on account of or in conjunction with any claims, causes of action, injuries, damage, cost of expenses arising out of the Wrestling Program or otherwise, including those based on death, bodily injury or property damage whether or not caused by the acts, omissions or other fault of the parties being released.
6. Waiver: I specifically acknowledge that I am familiar with the provisions of California Civil Code § 1542, which provides as follows:
“A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his or her favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him or her, must have materially affected his or her settlement with the debtor.”
7. Indemnity: I agree to indemnify, defend, and hold Beat the Streets Los Angeles and its officers, directors, employees and coaches, and their respective agents, insurers, heirs, successors, attorneys, corporate affiliates and predecessors (hereinafter jointly referred to as “Indemnitee”) harmless from any or all claims, causes of action, damages, judgments, costs and expenses, including attorney fees, which in any way arise from the activity or this Waiver and Release which include but are not limited to damages to or destruction of any property of Indemnitee, of any others, injury or death of my child or anyone else or any liability arising from the act or negligent act of Indemnitee, me, my child or anyone else.
8. Use of Name and Likeness: I authorize the use of my child's name and image in promotional or informational publications for Beat the Streets Los Angeles and the Wrestling Program, which may be published, among other ways, on the Beat the Streets Los Angeles website.
9. Representative Capacity: I am entering into this Waiver and Release for myself, my child and our respective heirs, assigns and legal representatives.
10. Insurance: I understand that Beat the Streets Los Angeles does not carry participant insurance. I agree that it is my responsibility to determine whether my child should have a physical examination prior to my child's participation in the Wrestling Program, or whether I should purchase health insurance for my child.
11. Steroid Prohibition: I agree that my child will not use steroids without the written prescription of a fully licensed physician (as recognized by the AMA) to treat a medical condition. I recognize that Los Angeles Unified School District policy regarding the use of illegal drugs will be enforced for any violations of these rules.
Intending for Beat the Streets Los Angeles to rely on this Waiver and Release, I hereby represent and warrant that I have carefully read this Waiver and Release, that I have had the opportunity to confer with legal counsel of my choice concerning this Waiver and Release and its terms before executing this document and before my child participates in the Wrestling Program, and that by checking the box below this Waiver and Release knowingly and voluntarily, I intend to be legally bound hereby.