This full-time job opening will be open until the position is filled.
Director of Operations
Summary of Organization
The mission of Beat the Streets Los Angeles is to empower and transform the lives of youth through the sport of wrestling. Since its inception in 2012, Beat the Streets Los Angeles has expanded to over 20 wrestling programs serving over 900 girls and boys from 90 Los Angeles neighborhoods. We are a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
Summary of Position
The Director of Operations assists the Program Director and Executive Director in organizing and executing year-round opportunities to inspire mastery of wrestling skills, healthy living, character development and enhanced academic achievement for youth in Los Angeles and surrounding communities. Under the direction of the executive staff, the Director of Operations is accountable for increasing efficiency and effectiveness of the organization.
- Assist with planning and execution of events such as trainings, competitions, camps, fundraisers, etc.
- Track inventory including purchasing, distribution and collection of goods.
- Human Resources Management—help recruit coaches, interns and volunteers, maintain employee files, prepare monthly payroll reports, etc.
- Administrative Support—maintain company calendar, draft correspondence, serve as liaison between employees, vendors and partners to carry out strategic goals of the organization.
- Program Support—track and monitor program attendance, evaluate instructors performance, check facilities for unsafe conditions, and attend meetings with partner organizations.
- Web Communication—increase organizational awareness by creating strategic marketing plan, monitor social media accounts, draft content, respond to online inquires, research analytics, etc.
- Additional responsibilities as requested by Executive Director, or other personnel
- Passion for the sport of wrestling and support of the mission of Beat the Streets Los Angeles.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree.
- Must be able to access the downtown Los Angeles office easily and have reliable transportation
- Available for all weekday and weekend programming events.
- Experience in basic computer applications; Word, Excel, email and internet.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to carry out tasks independently and work collaboratively with other staff.
- Bilingual in Spanish is preferred.
- Experience with social media marketing is a plus.
Hours: Regular business hours and other hours as required for events.
Physical Requirements: Ability to lift 40 pounds and ability to stand for long periods of time.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Benefits: Medical benefits, retirement plan, vacation days, paid holidays
Contact: Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com