Beat the Streets LA is currently seeking coaches and mentors to fill numerous coaching positions for the 2017-18 wrestling season. Coaching for Beat the Streets LA is a great way give back to the sport of wrestling and the community.
Beat the Streets LA offers competitive pay and flexible schedules for students and working professionals. Volunteer positions are available for those with limited schedules. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Contact: To apply for a coaching position, please email resumes and/or cover letters to email@example.com
Head Coach and Mentor, 2017-18 Season
Volunteer Assistant Coach and Mentor, 2017-18 Season
The Valley, Downtown LA, East LA, South LA and South Bay area
- Develop daily practice plan to deliver high-quality wrestling instruction to inspire mastery of wrestling skills
- Implement the Beat the Streets LA mission to inspire healthy living, academic achievement, life skills, and social & emotional development
- Keep a positive and fun environment by incorporating wrestling specific games
- Daily mat cleaning, set-up and breakdown
- Recruitment of students through engagement with school, family and community
- Ensure team participation at Beat the Streets LA events events (clinics, competitions, college trips, etc)
- Attend all required coach & mentor trainings and Beat the Streets LA events
- Submit daily attendance and complete all required program paperwork in a timely manner
- High School or College wrestling experience (high school students are eligble for Assistant Coach positions only)
- Live Scan Background and TB (tubercle bacillus) clearance
- First Aid/CPR/AED certification
- Must possess a strong commitment to the Beat the Streets LA mission, vision and coaching philosophy
- Available 3 days a week for 2 hours a day (off during summer and winter breaks)
- Available for periodic coaches meetings, training and weekend events
Compensation: Based upon position, availabilty and experience.